Attraction in Dorchester
Landscaped in the manner of Capability Brown in the 18th Century, Minterne’s unique garden has been described by Simon Jenkins as ‘a corner of paradise’. Twenty wild woodland acres abound with magnolias, rhododendrons and eucryphias, providing a new vista at each turn, with small lakes, streams and cascades. Over 200 maples & acers provide stunning autumn colouring.
Home to the Churchill & Digby families for 350 years, the house is open for organised groups only. Picnic tables. Dogs welcome provided they are on a lead. We regret that the garden is not suitable for wheelchairs.SEASON TICKETS Family £27.50 Single £17.50 Available at Café on the Terrace or via email to email@example.comAs seen on BBC Gardeners’ world and Voted One of the 10 Prettiest Gardens by The TimesWe now have a ‘pop-up’ coffee shop on the East Terrace open from 1st April to 31st October serving light lunches and cream teas.
MINTERNE HIMLAYAN GARDEN AND TEA TERRACE
• Served on the East Terrace overlooking the lake from 1st April to 31st October
• Garden entry and light lunch (soup/sandwiches/wraps/quiche) or Cream Tea all with tea/coffee £10 (only available in July and August)
• Gluten/Wheat/Dairy Free alternative menu available.
• Cappucchino/Latte also available.
• Access to 27-acre historic shrub garden with a 1-mile walk.
• Replica Himalayan Hut with Buddhist prayer wheel.
• Free parking for visitors opposite the church.
• On A352 Dorchester to Sherborne road.
• Follow us on Facebook
• 01300 341370
• Minterne Magna, Dorset DT2 7AU
Photo Credits: Cream Teas - Courtesy of Mark Cornwell. All other photos courtesy of Roger Lane
Months Open: Mid –February to 9th November; 10 - 6 daily
Car Parking: Yes - Free Parking opposite the church
Admission Price: Adults: £6
Children: Free (accompanied) SEASON TICKETS Family £27.50 Single £17.50 Available at Café on the Terrace or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Attractions nearby
This page viewed on 5,247 occasions since Oct 16th 2005