Fishing in Dumfries and Galloway | Add Free Entry
Fishing is an ancient pastime and one that enjoys a big following in the UK. Great Britain is a maritime country and so itís an ideal place for almost any type of fishing. You are never far from a lake, the sea or a river and that means youíre also never far from fish! With rivers like the Thames or the Tay, lakes like Menteith or Windermere and plenty of offshore water too, Britain is a fishermanís paradise.† A wealth of ideal river conditions mean even specialist disciplines like fly fishing are well catered for. Beginners benefit from an array of clubs, organisations and dedicated fishing locations, some complete with loan or hire equipment and skilled instructors. You can easily find residential fishing holidays that will enable you to get away from it all at the end of a rod. Britain is ideal for beach and sea fishing with its miles of coastline and hundreds of harbours and ports. The many beaches often play host to fishermen casting out into the oncoming sea. Piers, jetties and quays can give easy access to deeper waters. A ride out in any decent boat can get you safely to where all the fish are. Anything from cod to crab, whiting to mackerel awaits the fisherman around Britain's coast. Inland, the UK water offers an equally rich catch ranging from pike to salmon, and with an awful lot in between!
- Annandale & Borders Fly Fishing, Annan
- Brighouse Bay Holiday Park and Leisure Club, Borgue
- Broom Fisheries, Annan
- Case Sport, St Johns Town of Dalry
- Dalry Angling Association, St Johns Town of Dalry
- Damsel Fly Fishing, Twynholm
- Forest Enterprise, Newton Stewart
- Fradam Fishery, Gatehouse Of Fleet
- Fred Olsen Sporting Estates, St Johns Town of Dalry
- Kirkchrist Fishings, Kirkcowan
- Kirkcudbright Bay Cruises, Kirkcudbright
- Moffat Fishery, Moffat
- Mossroddick Loch (Trout Fishing), St Johns Town of Dalry
- New Galloway Angling Association, New Galloway
- Newton Stewart Angling Association, Newton Stewart
Classic Mountain Scrambles in England...
Cycling Guide from Lands End to John...