Fishing in Lancashire | Add Free Entry
Fishing is an ancient pastime and one that enjoys a big following in the UK. Great Britain is a maritime country and so it’s an ideal place for almost any type of fishing. You are never far from a lake, the sea or a river and that means you’re also never far from fish! With rivers like the Thames or the Tay, lakes like Menteith or Windermere and plenty of offshore water too, Britain is a fisherman’s paradise. A wealth of ideal river conditions mean even specialist disciplines like fly fishing are well catered for. Beginners benefit from an array of clubs, organisations and dedicated fishing locations, some complete with loan or hire equipment and skilled instructors. You can easily find residential fishing holidays that will enable you to get away from it all at the end of a rod. Britain is ideal for beach and sea fishing with its miles of coastline and hundreds of harbours and ports. The many beaches often play host to fishermen casting out into the oncoming sea. Piers, jetties and quays can give easy access to deeper waters. A ride out in any decent boat can get you safely to where all the fish are. Anything from cod to crab, whiting to mackerel awaits the fisherman around Britain's coast. Inland, the UK water offers an equally rich catch ranging from pike to salmon, and with an awful lot in between!
- Bank House Fly Fishery, Caton
- Barnfold Waters Trout Fishery, Preston
- Cleveley Mere Fishing & Lodges, Lancaster
- Forest Hillýs Golf and Fly Fishery, Lancaster
- Jumbles Country Park, Bolton
- Lancashire Fly Fishing, Horwich
- Lancaster House Farm, Chorley
- Lever Park, Horwich
- Patty's Farm Barn, Cockerham
- Pendle View Fisheries, Clitheroe
- Twin Lakes Trout Fishery, Preston
- Wych Elm Fly Fishing, Carnforth
- Wyreside Lakes Fishery, Lancaster
Other Activities in Lancashire
Classic Mountain Scrambles in England...
Cycling Guide from Lands End to John...